I am likely to reach my goal of completing the first draft before this year is out, and that means I am on target to have the published book in your hands by summer/autumn 2008.
Here is the plan for the next few months;
- Do a major edit in January, looking for errors in grammar and plot consistency, making sure I flesh out descriptive passages along the way (I’ll be having a list of the five senses in front of me as I write).
- Print a few A4 copies and hand them to assigned proofreaders – two or three youngsters, pre-teen and early teen, to get responses from the target audience – and a couple of adults.
- Commission an artist to work on a cover painting.
- After feedback on the text has been collated, hand a freshly edited manuscript to my assigned editor (who will then pick the whole thing to pieces!).
- Based on feedback from my editor, work on one final draft.
- Prepare the text and cover art for the print-on-demand service.
- Prepare a publicity plan and write a press release.
Some of the above will take place simultaneously. I am really looking forward to publishing this new book. I believe it to be a worthy successor to Century Lodge and I’m confident you will find it worth the wait.
Once it is in the public domain I will get to work on a treatment for Book Three. I am determined to produce that within 18 months/two years of HOS hitting the market. With the existing fan base gasping for more, I cannot afford to leave it so long again.